Qatar Genome Programme organized a workshop “Research application in NextCODE” on Tuesday 8 November, 2016, at Sidra Medical and Research Center.
The workshop provided a hands-on training and focused on the analysis workflows for research applications in the Sequence Miner and Clinical Sequence Analyzer.
The aim of the workshop was to enable local researchers to conduct their future analyses on the whole-genome sequencing data generated for the Qatar Genome Projects, including the first 3000 Qatari genomes and the phenotypic data collected by the Qatar Biobank.
November 8, 2016, 9:30 AM – 3 PM: Research application in NextCODE – Topics Covered:
- How to perform and assess QC of your data
- How to perform multi-family analysis
- How to identify carriers of variants in a gene of interest
- How to perform phenotypic/clinical data analysis
- How to perform multi-patient inheritance/recessive analysis
- How to perform variant and gene-based association tests
- How to visualize your results in the Genome Browser